Wednesday, March 21, 2007



Sunday evening Jerry and I went to the Indian Wells Desert Symphony at McCallum Theatre in Palm Desert. The special guest star was Peter Nero and what a treat - a privilege, really- to see and hear this master of masters. I've seen people who can make things look easy, but Peter Nero made playing the piano look effortless - so much so that if someone had said,"Go on. Esther. Go up there and take a turn on the Steinway," I honestly believe that I could have done so. That's just how amazing he is!

It was fun watching the orchestra players watch Nero. He is a musician's musician. His medley tribute to Leonard Bernstein's West Side Story is something that will remain in my head forever.

This is our last symphony before leaving for Vancouver Island, April 1. The Classical Mystery Tour, Peter Frampton, Jose Feliciano - it's been a great season for the symphony, and for us.

No comments: