Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cancer rears its ugly head

This is a sad day. The lump in my Mother's breast is malignant and she is scheduled to have her breast removed on April 5. However, my mother, true to her nature, sounded both matter of fact and optimistic on the phone this morning. She had a malignant lump removed a few years earlier and since then, with medication, the cancer has been under control. When she found this new lump, she went to her doctor and after the results came back from the lab, they decided the best option was to remove the breast.

Obviously, Jerry and I decided to leave Rancho Mirage sooner than planned, so that we're back in Calgary in time for Mum's surgery. Please say a prayer that all goes well.

2 comments:

Susan Hollingshead said...

Esther, my prayers are with you and your Mom.Cancer has touched my family too so I know how you feel!

She Weevil said...

So sorry to hear of you mother's cancer. Hopes and prayers for her and you.