Saturday, January 20, 2007

I found this picture on the net. Who are these children? Where did they go to school? Where are they now? Did they like their teacher? What antics do they recall from so many years ago?

When I visit antique shops, I am always drawn to the photographs of strangers. I wonder who they are, where they've been, and what their lives were like. I see them at the important points in their lives, often in their best attire posed and smiling for the camera. I see them at their weddings, in school photos, with sports teams, with newly christened children, at graduation ceremonies, and in army attire. Did any of them ever think for a minute that their images, and those of their family and friends, would one day grace the (often dusty) shelves of thrift shops?

No comments: